Health Services at 4th Division Barracks Suspended Over Suspected Ebola Cases

The community access to health services at the 4th division barracks was yesterday put on hold due to fears of suspected cases of Ebola.

The most recent Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) was declared on May 15, 2026. As of mid-May, Ituri Province and neighboring areas have reported over 513 suspected cases and at least 131 deaths.

Capt. David Kamya, the Public Relations Officer for 4th Division told Favor FM that they decided to put on hold the community’s privilege of getting treatment from the barracks because on a daily basis, they receive over 100 patients who come from different areas and so their fear is that they could have mixed with people from Democratic Republic of Congo.

Kamya says that they will open the health facility to the community when the situation calms down but as of now the public should seek medical attention elsewhere.

Currently only a few patients that were previously admitted at the facility are there receiving treatment and once they feel better, they are being discharged immediately.

By Becky Ekwany

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Articles & Posts